Join the City of Missoula Human Resources Department if you are motivated by having a great benefits package, becoming engaged with your community, and contributing to a culture of change.
Whether you want to expand your experience in human resources or begin a new career path, consider the City your employer-of-choice.
If you thrive on innovation, bring a commitment to confidentiality, and succeed in a fast-paced environment, please submit your resume. Include a cover letter addressing why you are the best
candidate for the position.
Full-time, non-union, $19.2490/hr. – $23.7315/hr., DOE Apply on-line at www.ci.missoula.mt.us/jobs
Submit your resume, letter and application no later than 5:00 p.m. MDT on November 15, 2019.
The City of Missoula is committed to building and sustaining a culture of diversity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage diversity in age, color, ethnicity, family or marital
status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political ideas, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and
other characteristics that make individuals unique. Reasonable accommodations in the selection process are provided, upon request, for individuals with disabilities. Qualified candidates may
request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
POSITION TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT
Primary Purpose of Position: Under general supervision, coordinates and provides a variety of complex technical and administrative support for a department.
Typical job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Review and verify accuracy of payroll documents; generate reports as requested; provide assistance to other department and City staff on HR policies and procedures.
• Assist in monitoring department budget and recommending cost saving measures in procurement or other processes; ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices; provide assistance to staff on travel and other reimbursement policies and procedures; order departmental supplies and equipment, and assist with reconciling financial accounts.
• Oversee, update and maintain department files, records, policy manuals, and databases; create and update forms and standard procedures. Recommend and implement efficiency improvements, including conversion to electronic records.
• Maintain department web page.
• Draft and finalize written communications such as letters, memoranda, reports, and brochures.
• Perform variety of administrative support tasks such as making copies, scheduling facilities and appointments, making meeting and travel arrangements, preparing mailings, filing, and answering the telephone.
• Provide customer service; problem-solve questions and complaints.
• Update and ensure accuracy of policies, procedures, contracts and other legal documents.
• Provide administrative support to Director of Human Resources and Risk Manager.
• Research Human Resources best practices to support improvement and expansion of services.
Proven ability to adhere to principles and ethics of confidentiality.
Knowledge of recordkeeping principles and practices, including public records requirements.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
Knowledge of general regulations and procedures relating to payroll and accounts payable.
Skill in utilizing office equipment, including personal computers, copying machines, printers, and telephones.
Proven skill in utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database, web page design, and internet applications.
Proven ability in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with community members, departmental staff, and employees in other city departments.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school or equivalent education; three years administrative support experience with increasingly complex responsibilities; or any combination of education and experience