|The City of Dickinson is looking for someone to join our Public Works Team as a Public Works Operations Manager. This position is responsible for coordinating, directing, facilitating, and managing the operation and maintenance activities of the City’s Street, Facility Maintenance, and Fleet Services Divisions of the Public Works Department. Work is performed under the general direction of the Public Works Director, although considerable latitude is allowed for independent judgment and initiative. May act on behalf of the Public Works Director in his absence. Responsibilities include the oversight of City street construction, repair and maintenance projects, snow removal operations, fleet program, facility maintenance, and cemeteries.
The City offers competitive wages and benefits including retirement, medical insurance, life insurance, flexible benefits, vacation/sick leave and paid holidays. A pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference check are required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities can include:
• Manage the Operations Division staff through hierarchical personnel. Work tasks include: a) making hiring and firing recommendations, b) providing technical advice and guidance, c) monitoring employee performance and safety, and d) evaluating team performance
• Oversee the planning, organizing, and implementation of fleet operations, facility maintenance, street maintenance and repair programs, activities, and policies including coordination of projects and project schedules, on-site inspections and monitoring of repair and maintenance projects, evaluation of project performance, snow removal activities, and street cleaning procedures.
• Prepare and submit yearly operational budgets and Capital Improvement Projects to the Public Works Director.
• Submit properly coded invoices to Public Works Director
• Ensure all operations are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations.
• Advise and make recommendations to the Public Works Director regarding the proper and efficient operation of the Street, Fleet, and Facilities Departments including cost and operational analysis, required levels of employees’ equipment and material, development of performance standards, and the establishment of divisional goals and objectives.
• Prepares weekly and monthly operations, maintenance, and repair summary reports.
• Prepare, review and recommend specifications for bids relating to tools, materials, and equipment to include solicitation of quotations from vendors.
• Develop in accordance with departmental needs, vehicle specifications; work with other city departments in procurement of vehicles and equipment to include evaluating bids and recommending bid awards.
• Ensure that all citizen and internal complaints regarding Operations are handled in an efficient and appropriate manner.
• May represent the Public Works department and make presentations regarding operational activities at various meetings.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field
• Five to seven years progressively responsible experience in municipal public works, engineering, or related field, including at least two years in a professional supervisory capacity.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• North Dakota Class B Commercial Driver’s License (within 6 months of hire).
• Road Scholar II Certification (within 2 years)
Please visit our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dickinson/jobs/2800945/public-works-operations-manager?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs for a complete job description, salary information and application procedures or contact Shelly at 701-456-7801. Position closes Thursday, July 23rd, 2020.